Organisations and Charities we support with YOUR help
For many dishes we sell we donate a small amount to some charities, here is the list.
Each week we publish a list of donations made on social media.
All spuntini (tapas)
- for each spuntino sold R2 goes to the Kronendal Music Academy in Hout Bay
Aperol spritz – Bambino pizza – organic LemonAID
- buy an Aperol spritz and R5 goes to Hout Bay Emergency Volunteer Ambulance Service
- buy a Bambino (child’s) pizza and R2 goes to Hout Bay Emergency Volunteer Ambulance Service
- buy an organic LemonAID and R2 goes to Hout Bay Emergency Volunteer Ambulance Service
- for each Luna pizza R5 goes to DARG (Domestic Animal Rescue Organisation), a pro-life, non-profit organisation that rescues, cares for, sterilizes and rehomes previously abused, neglected and abandoned cats and dogs. DARG provides a crucial role for the communities of Imizamo Yethu, Hangberg and the greater Hout Bay area.
- for each Margherita pizza (and we sell lots!) R4 goes to Border Collie Rescue – established in 1998 and now rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes many Border Collies in need. Why a breed specific shelter?
The result of keeping a border collie in a kennel or very small confined space can already be seen after a couple of days. They run round and round the kennel, bouncing against the walls and gate, barking continuously. These Collies will be permanently damaged if their confinement is continued. They also stand little to no chance of being adopted showing this “crazy” behaviour.
- for each Calamari sold R2 goes to the NSRI Sea Rescue Hout Bay
Hot Latina pizza – Happy Valley calzone
For every Hot Latina pizza and Happy Valley calzone sold, we donate R5 to the local CCP (Community Crime Prevention Unit,
House wine (red or white)
- R2 for every bottle sold goes to Community Cohesion – feeding the local community in need
- For every item sold off our doggy menu, R3 is given to the Underdog Project – a charity rehabilitating vulnerable youngsters by teaching them to work with rescued dogs, building better lives for the youngsters, while developing more adoptable dogs at DARG (see above)
For every bottle we sell (we refill glass bottles, to save plastic) we will donate R3 to Friends of the River in Hout Bay